Monday, December 29, 2008

My thoughts you can't decode

I'm a little late in the game. I just finished this and was absolutely enthralled by it. I heard about the series from my sister, and she was and is completely gaga over it, long before the movie even came out. Of course, when I had heard from Kate that she too, loved it-I thought why not give it a fair go. I didn't want my sister, as clever and intelligent as she is to cloud my opinion of the book despite her constant interrogations of "how's it goin'?" And her adoration over Robert Pattinson/Edward Cullen definitely affected a large portion of how she felt towards the series. However, I felt as I was reading it, that though I had not seen the movie-I had seen enough trailers and commercials, that I couldn't escape the actors' faces as I read. Just like in the Harry Potter series-it would be the same thing. So perhaps, that might have affected my feelings towards the book, but I genuinely LOVED it. I think, though Stephanie Meyer's writing is a little elementary for my taste, the feelings were still there. And it definitely gave me goosebumps. And although, I heard terrible things about the movie, I'm still curious enough to watch it. Who knows? I might end up enjoying it.

One thing is for certain though...it'll definitely be hard not to think about this guy tonight.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails