Sunday, July 15, 2012

Tell me I'm your National Anthem...










Hello y'all! I realize that this is a very late 4th of July post-11 days late to be exact-but late is better than never, right? And considering this is my 2nd favorite holiday of the year (1st is Christmas, of course!) I had to blog about it. So here it is, in all of it's red, white and blue glory. I started prepping for it 2 weeks in advance by making my own flag shoes. I was inspired by one of my best friends, who purchased a pair of plain white Toms look-alikes at a Rite Aid of all places-and customized it with her own art. I saw a picture of the actual Flag Toms selling on their site for $70. Absolutely did not want to spend that much money, so I took a red and blue sharpie to the plain white ones I got at Rite Aid, and there ya have it! I was pretty friggin pleased with the result. 
Kate had her annual 4th of July party in their beautiful backyard, and I was beyond excited to see that she had put up her huge flag, just for me! Needless to say, it created a wonderful backdrop for a lot of our pictures. And the food...omg, the spread was beyond amazing. That was pretty much all I did at the party- was eat. 

Could you tell I was going for a very retro feel with my look that day. My curls had died by the time I got to the party. But I was super inspired by Lana Del Rey. Especially after seeing her National Anthem video. 


Hope you all had a lovely Independence Day! Can't wait for next year! Xo.


Vintage Levi's distressed shorts/ Cotton On sheer white button down/DIY shoes

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

These are really great photos!
Don't worry, I posted my 4th of July photos super late too haha

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

aliciafashionista said...

Better late than never! Love these photos, you look gorgeous :)

Clara Turbay said...

it´s simple but significant the way you express yourself!

Michelle said...

love this!!!

Valentine's Silver Ring said...

Ahaa, its nice dialogue regarding this paragraph at this place at this blog, I have read all that, so at this time me also commenting here.
Valentine's Silver Ring

Tanya said...

I love your lip colour!

the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails