Tuesday, August 18, 2009

You, Me and the Bourgeoisie

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yesterday Siera and I spent the day in Burbank. We've been waiting to see Time Traveler's Wife for a long time...so we thought it was about time. But before she came to pick me up, Geo and I did an impromptu photo shoot shown in the first two pics. I actually didn't end up wearing the red faux leather vest out, but I thought it just looked perfect with what I was wearing underneath. I made the shirt, by cropping a striped tee I bought from F21 a year ago. I thought it was time for a change.

As far as the movie itself...it was ok. I think I came into it with a lot expectations and came out a little disappointed only because I absolutely adore the book. I felt like the film was a bit rushed and didn't captivate the passion and the conviction that the main characters had for one another. I was really invested in their love...but not so much in the film. I still love Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams is just an amazing actress-but I just wish the script was a little better.

Although I gave the movie a B-, I still had a wonderful day. Plus I found a gorgeous leopard scarf at UO for $10, and...we ended up getting chinese for dinner. So all in all, it was a great day!

On Siera: Barack shirt-UO/Purse-UO/Jeans-Unknown/Bracelets-Various
On Me: Red Faux Leather Vest-F21/Cropped tank-DIY/Shorts-Vintage Gap/Necklace-H&M/Boots-GuessByMarciano

16 comments:

Isquisofrenia Style said...

your style is freaking amazing so is your blog!!!

xo
isquisofrenia!!

Siera Eden said...

wonderful day. gorgeous girl. amazing outfit.


love love love.

*** said...

Love the outfit, stripes are always classy.

josephine said...

I spy AMC 16! haha

Chinese sounds good right about now

Shin said...

I love your red vest and it goes great with the striped shirt! I wanted to watch the movie too but like you, I read the book and was afraid that it's going to let me down.

Sounds like you had a great day! xxoxoxo

Delectable Swank said...

I love that red vest! Totally hot outfit. (I haven't seen the movie yet but I'll probably rent it on DVD when it comes out).

[LA] said...

COOOL VEST!







Love KATY PERRY's OUTFIT! GORGE!






lainarollercoaster.blogspot.com

NICOLE said...

I am in love with your red vest and your friends bag! Looking amazing as always :)

maverickandlove said...

hay, i love the contrast between the black and white and the red leather! its so chic :)

Elizabeth Victoria C said...

I love your cutoffs! I absolutely want to see the Time Travellers Wife but I think after hearing your review I'll read the book first xo

Ingrid Alise said...

Amazing outfit, love it!

Bella said...

I know what you mean, sometimes it's difficult for films to live up to the expectations of an incredible piece of literature, but it still sounds like you had a great day together even with the B-ranked movie. And the red faux leather vest is amazing on you! xx

Rose Red said...

Great photos, you are so beautiful!

[LA] said...

Thanks so much for visit me and leave a comment sweetie!









lainarollercoaster.blogspot.com

May Kasahara said...

looking freaking HOT

Julia said...

Nice pictures! I really love the first one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails