Friday, July 18, 2008

Defying Gravity


Let me start off by saying, that I haven't seen a lot of theatre that truly touch my heart to the point of tears.

Last night, I experienced it for the first time in a long time. Wicked, was absolutely everything I've dreamed of theatre and more. I came into it with an open mind, because people I've talked to either really hate it, or really love it (to the verge of obsession). But man, was it all kinds of awesome! I don't know if I'll have the same experience again with any other show. I should hope so, but I doubt it.

I'm just thankful, that I've succumbed to everybody else's pushing, and finally got a chance to see it at the Pantages before it went away for good. And now, I am truly a huge fan. Obsessed. For the time being. I don't know if my obsession will continue. But I will say, that Teal Wicks is one talented woman. And even though we got Laura Woyesz playing Glinda last night instead of Erin Mackie--she still was absolutely stellar in her performance. You wouldn't even have known that she was the standby. Anyway...that's pretty much all I have to say about that.

Loved, Loved, Loved it!

P.S.- Idina Menzel will forever be my favorite Elphaba. And I wish I got to see her on Broadway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked it. And while Idina is great, I have heard from numerous people that a lot of her performances were touch and go. Like, some nights she was amazing, but she wasnt consistent.

Lainey said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was youtubing her performances, and there was one where her voice was so shot, she had to have her understudy perform the second act. It was so horrible. But you know...I think like everybody else in the world-your body gets tired, and I think that towards the end, hers got super tired. But when she was on, she was ON.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails